Thursday, May 8, 2008

I had a thought...

I had a thought while I was listening to Stephanie Durbin preaching (she did good didn't she?), and I thought we all could benefit from it. I'm sure this was brought on by our missions training class earlier today. It got me thinking.

Let's not go out to India with the expectation of what God will do in us as much as what he'll do through us. He's already done the work in you. He's made you the light in the darkness. You're the city on the hill. You're the salt of the earth. Go with hope. Go with peace. Go with forgiveness. In fact, BE hope, peace and forgiveness.

It's in you because God is in you. And because of that we can represent Jesus. Let's represent him well.

And this brings me to my main point.

You are all whole people. No matter how broken our frame of references have become, we have been made complete already. God delights in you.

Let's go to share our freedom, love and hope. Let's share our God. Be confident in the work God has done in you, or do you doubt God? You are all strong enough. You are all powerful enough for this task, because God is with you and has made you whole.

I'm confident this trip will have eternal effects. I'm confident that all of you are coming for a reason. We're in this together. (Thank God) I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. It's a priviledge to work beside each one of you.

Let's go change the world.

Honestly, with God it can't be that hard.

So, take from that what you will. I'm sure there's more than one nervous person going on this trip. India will be the best trip because it will be the hardest, but let's allow that to excite us instead of scare us.

Check it:

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Romans 5:1-5

Much Love,

Caleb B.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Caleb your words are very wise!

You hit the nail on the head! We are all ready – because God is. He has finished the preparation we need, so all we have to do now is go with an open heart and wide open hands.

I’m so privileged to be on a team with each and every one of you. God is truly amazing.