Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reflections . . .



All I keep thinking is “Wow, what a trip!"

In many ways this trip was the fan to the flame of my own faith. It is often said that we go on mission trips with the intent of blessing the people; however, we usually are blessed more by them than we could ever give out. I definitely feel this way about India. . .

Yes, it was a rough trip both spiritually and physically, but it has been said that when we are the most defenseless is when we give God the chance to show up the strongest. And boy did He! I have to say that my favorite moment was the rain during the last night of the crusade. It didn’t just rain – it POURED! All I could hear in my spirit was the chorus of the song, “Let it rain” ---- “Open the floodgates of Heaven and let it rain!” The remarkable thing was that it not only rained in Kurnool, but it rained in the majority of the state of Andhra Pradesh! God honored everywhere that we had been preaching the Good News!


In that powerful moment, I felt that the Holy Spirit was cleansing and baptizing the people . . .


As I was praying for those young people to be baptized in the Holy Spirit, I felt awestruck, and intense humbleness . . . even brokeness. . . I mean who am I that God would want to use me to minister to His people??? My thoughts immediately returned back to my previous statement . . . it is when I am the most defenseless that I give God the greatest opportunity to show up the strongest and use me to the fullest!


It often takes moments of witnessing the supernatural power of God to break the stronghold of complacency in our faith and to take our faith to that next level. This trip pushed me out of my comfort zone and restored in me the desire to be a witness to my faith and to remain in a constant state of humbleness and submission before God.


God has great things in store for the people of India! In reflecting back over our trip, I pray that where a seed of faith was initially planted . . . that it was watered and fed during our time there. I pray that people were rescued from religion in exchange for lives being radically changed and hearts set on fire for a true relationship with Christ!


Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it --- Jeremiah 33:9


Kelley

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Wow kelley! I had chills the whole time I was reading. God definitely did show up in a mighty way and it was very humbling to be a part of it.