Friday, May 23, 2008

Home...

You think about home when you're away from it.

And I've been doing some thinking.


As with the end of most trips, I'm looking forward to going back home but still wanting more. I do miss home. But in the end I've begun to ask where is my home? I feel at home almost anywhere I go now, as long as I'm with people I love and enjoy. Tell me, is Hyderabad home? What about Kurnool? Or Nandyal perhaps? Baton Rouge? Memphis? Alabama? Does location matter at all? I'm beginning to truly believe it doesn't. I just want to be where I can be used best.

What else can India give me? I'm not sure. Though I wonder how much more I could've given it. I feel like I gave a good bit, but I can hardly call it a sacrifice. For every drop of sweat or frustration or stomach pain, there was a much greater amount of smiles from children and opportunities to be served and to be a blessing. Honestly, what can I give that hasn't already been given. These people get in your head. You go to bed at night with their faces on your mind, and all you can think about is how you can point them a little closer to Jesus.

We went to a Hindu temple today. And I think about how small what we've done really is. There are so many lost people. They come and worship their gods, and I'm guessing don't get much out of the deal. Lies are vicious, perpetual black holes really. The lie asks for all of you and offers nothing.

But maybe, just maybe we helped one person. Let's pray that the one we reached was the right one. Let's pray the one we reached will grow up to change the whole nation. It's all for the one. It's all for the Son.

Amen.

Caleb (Khalab)

No comments: